Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Long Time!

Wow it has been a long time since I blogged. As most people know by now I have been sick. Somehow I got a rare blood disorder called Hemilemic Uremic Syndrome. Not only is it rare but it usually only affects children. (guess I am a child at heart). Anyway it has shut down my kidneys. I now go to dialysis 3 times a week. I spent 3 weeks in Barnes Jewish Hospital in STL. They saved my life. I feel very lucky to still be here on earth. Although, now I am dealing with being a 28 year old with kidney failure! How did this happen......not even the doctors know. This has been the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. There are so many side effects that go along with this disease: high blood pressure, fuzzy vision, shortness of breath, swelling and one of the hardest for me: I can only drink 32oz of fluids a day! That is crazy hard!!!! But I have faith that God will heal me! He will heal my kidneys and restore my health. I have faith! It may take time but I am sure it will happen! I didn't want to post this on Madeline's blog but I felt like I should account for the big lapse in time from blogging.

1 comment:

Tinsley Family said...

thinking of you, your faith is so amazing- thanks for sharing.